Sunday, November 23, 2008

The thing about Abalones

The thing about abalones is that they suck hard onto the reef. Woke up at 5am in the morning, went to North Beach again (same place we had recce-ed yesterday) to fish for abalones! It was my first time fishing for abalones and it was fun!
Fully equipped with my goggles, snorkel, 3mm diving vest with hood, new surf shorts, gloves, diving boots, screwdriver and my measuring gauge. I braved the strong currents on knee-high water levels. Sounds simple enough. There were a lot of 6cm or more sized abalones along the reef. I saw a couple of star fish too! Brown ones n oranges ones! So pretty! Next time, I'll get a water-proof camera to take pictures of them. Caught 10 of them.
Ran into Jeannie & Kristi at Subi on the way back home. Didn't have the time to chat as they were crossing the road and I was in the car.
Happy Birthday Gen! Dim Sum lunch and birthday cheesecake was GREAT! We ate at this restaurant left of the Easy-way CPP. Was super crowded though. Food was worth the wait.
Church as per normal, and my last ever dinner at Tommy for this sem was the worst ever! Burnt Lamb Chops. Sigh.
Kill abalone and clean dead abalone time! All white and ready for storage/cook! =)
Finally shifted all my stuff to Dan's place and sent him off to the airport in the middle of the night. Scary to drive back from the airport all alone. But don't worry, I'm back safe and sound.

No comments: