Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Day 03 of Working-Land - Meeting minutes

Let's start off where all working days start off - in the morning. I decided to leave later to see how late I would be if I had missed my usual bus. And damn, I think I'll just stick to my usual bus.

The "next" bus took so long to arrive, that the crowd that gathered had filled the entire bus stop. And well, when it finally arrived, it was a single-deck bus. Figures. I rather settle with the double-deck one - at least got seats.

So I arrived at the office, 2 minutes late. And lo and behold, no one was there still! I think I'll just be there earlier, and leave office at 6pm on the dot.

Came lunch, my department decided to lunch with the procurement ladies. JTC and vegetarian food went well together. And then, it rained. Figures.

After lunch, more training notes to read... Then came the main highlight of the day, THE MEETING. Spent the entire rest of the day in the meeting room, listening and taking down notes. I did my part by contributing an excellent find... There was a mistake on one of the amounts. We were making a loss instead of a profit. So after I had corrected it, we made a huge profit! Yay for my company, boohoo for the client. But as long as I have the interest of the company at hand, I'll be alright. :D

Tips of the day: Stay alert, be prepared, look out for mistakes! And well, always listen to your seniors, they have "been there and done that". Experience counts.

No comments: