Friday, December 12, 2008

Many happenings

Started the day early, really early, earlier than normal, 8am. Went for my aunt's father-in-law's funeral. He lived a long life of 91 years. Was healthy, always exercise at the park downstairs. Till a week ago when he had to install a pacemaker, for reasons I don't really know. Went to ICU, became super critical, went home to the Lord in his sleep. God bless his soul.

Suddenly, it all became too nostalgic for me to handle. Tears filled my eyes, but refused to flow out. Chills went down my spine as I thought of what would happen next, my grandma. The final grandparent I have left. Been spending a lot of time with her recently. She's eating well, and a lot too. Enjoying every moment of it. The bad part of all this is that she's got diabetes, and her legs have gangrene. There's no known cure for it. If it spreads upwards to the rest of the leg, which it will, doctors have suggested amputation. But she, being 82, I fear would not pull through the operation.

Such a familiar feeling, walking into the viewing room of Mandai Crematorium, seeing people in traditional black and white, teary-eyed, red-nosed, crying out loud. Just cannot help but to breakdown into tears too. That's just human, I guess. Life goes on. Dust to dust, ashes to ashes.

Feeling powerless, literally, cos the electricians were repairing some power line at my flat, I decided to head out of the house to my cousin's place to check out what's on MIO tv. Not bad actually, there's like free movies on demand, for a month for new subscribers. But it's nothing that I've not seen. Ended up playing ps2 with my cousin. Torres was victorious again! Yes, winning eleven. Changed from bashing up baddies in Warriors Orochi 2, something like Dynasty Warriors.

Here I am, ending the day by hanging up my Singapore Flag at my window, after bringing it back from Australia. Time to hit the sack. Till next time...

No comments: